Wed, 10 Nov|
Contextual Safeguarding Training
We have commissioned a day of Contextual Safeguarding Training to be delivered to front line workers in the community and voluntary sector who work with young people who are vulnerable to becoming involved with violence.
Time & Location
10 Nov 2021, 10:00 – 15:30
About the Event
A day of Contextual Safeguarding Training has been commissioned by the VRU to be delivered to front line workers in the community and voluntary sector who work with young people who are vulnerable to becoming involved with violence.
Contextual Safeguarding focuses on identifying and addressing risk factors outside the family, in the wider context that includes friendship groups, neighbourhoods, schools, online, and more.
For more information on the training, please see the itinerary below.
To book a place for you or employees please email Andrew Towning at firstname.lastname@example.org. Places are limited and demand is high so we recommend you book soon.
10:00 - 11:00 Pre-recorded session
- Key concepts for understanding adolescence and extra-familial harm
- Extra-familial harm and the challenges of child protection responses
- The Contextual Safeguarding framework and its theoretical foundations
11:30 - 13:00 Live Session 1
- Discussing Contextual Safeguarding and the challenges it seeks to resolve
- Practicing context weighting through an interactive case study
13:00 - 14:00 Lunch
14:00 - 15:30 Live Session 2
- The values and levels of Contextual Safeguarding in practice
- Considering Level 1 and Level 2 approaches to assessment and intervention
- Action Planning